Director of Catering Sales
Join the movement! Erewhon market is trailblazing in the health and wellness industry, and we’re rapidly expanding! Our culture comes from unstoppable leaders, inspiring staff, and the best food and wellness products on the planet. 10+ locations and growing.
What we offer:
- $80,000 - $90,000 / year (based on experience) plus commission
- 50% off organic meals daily
- 20% off in-store purchases
- 401k with 4% match, Paid Vacation, Health Benefits and much more…
What You Will Do:
- Manage a team of one or more Catering Sales Managers and or/Coordinators
- Responsible for creating unique dining experiences by directing, selling, up-selling and actively participating in the planning and production of catered functions
- Work closely with clients, as well as with the culinary, beverage and operations staff to ensure that events are coordinated and executed smoothly and in accordance with client expectations and specifications
- Focus on the development, implementation and measurement of the revenue objectives contained within the unit's annual marketing plan
- Direct and manage the Catering Sales team and all sales activities to meet revenue objectives and attain the top line financial forecast. This includes developing sales with existing business (forecasted group/local business) and executing strategies to develop new business.
- Support the planning of and preparation for events according to anticipated attendance, and provide hands-on management and oversight in the areas of service and F&B operations during events
- Maximize Erewhon’s catering revenue through creative sales techniques and customer focus
- Communicate and promote Erewhon’s culture and values; provide hands-on leadership and direction to Catering Sales staff
- Contribute to the efficient operation of assigned unit by partnering with operations in providing support, information, insight, analysis and recommendations in matters pertaining guest service, menu development, creative event planning, revenue generation and other functions pertaining to Catering Sales
- Participate in special projects related to the development and implementation of organizational, HR and general business strategies
- Represent company while networking at events, industry meetings, food shows, locally, and etc. to promote products and services
- Additional duties as assigned by upper management.
What You Will Bring:
- Bachelor's degree in business, hotel/restaurant management or a related field, and/or appropriate combination of education and experience to support on the job effectiveness
- 5-7 years of catering sales experience, with at least 3-5 years in a senior management role
- Prior experience in catering with more than $2M in food sales
- Demonstrated financial acumen with proven track record for generating revenue growth
- P&L accountability and/or contract-managed service experience
- Must possess strong knowledge of food and wine for menu development
- Must possess strong knowledge of food and beverage financials, operations procedures, controls and administration, as well as awareness and ability to perform all sales-related functions
- Solid and proven track record for sales and leadership success
- High proficiency in all Microsoft Office, Slack, and Google Suite programs
- Demonstrated success in interfacing with a variety of organizational functions and divisions to accomplish tasks
- Flexibility, ability to work extended or irregular hours to include nights, weekends and holidays
- Subject to wet floors, temperature extremes and excessive noise; must be able to lift up to 40 pounds in weight; must be able to maneuver in an often tightly-quartered environment
The Director of Catering will focus on the development, implementation and measurement of the revenue objectives contained within Erewhon’s annual plan. They will direct and manage the Catering Sales team and all sales activities to meet revenue objectives and attain the top line financial forecast. This includes developing sales with existing business (forecasted group/local business) and executing strategies to develop new business.
Erewhon has many opportunities for career development and growth as we expand across Southern California with nine current stores (Beverly Hills, Calabasas, Culver City, Grove (Fairfax), Pacific Palisades, Santa Monica, Silver Lake, Studio City, and Venice) and our NEW Pasadena location opening soon!
Erewhon Market is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, veteran status, disability, history of disability or perceived disability, and per the Fair Chance Ordinance will consider qualified applications with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the ordinance.
To all recruitment agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.